South African Wine Industry Professional Body (SAWIPB)
The professional body is established for the advancement of occupations, the promotion of knowledge and to protect the employer (consumer) and public interest by ensuring that members perform to a known standard.
The aim of the professional body
- Promote and build on the professional status of its members and recognise the expertise of those it represents;
- Work closely with training bodies and tertiary institutions to ensure that qualifications provide the skills needed in the industry;
- Provide a forum for networking between workers and the exchange of information and ideas;
- Develop models of best practice;
- Advocate on industrial issues;
- Be a voice in the media about worker issues;
- Provide professional development opportunities.